Thursday, October 6, 2011

Toto, we're not in Buffalo anymore!

There wasn't a cruise tonight but I felt compelled to say WOW! Kansas City MO is one of the friendliest towns I have ever been to.

I arrived sometime just before 2 PM.  I am staying at The Raphael Hotel.  The door man came out to my car to greet me. Yes I did say door man.  He helped remove the bags from my car and the bell hop came out to load them up and take them to the room.  At that point, I had to ask myself what town I was in. 

The hotel room is absolutely gorgeous with a great view.  Two flat panel TVs, a wet bar, refrigerator and a bathroom that I could live in.  What a great place to spend the night.  I have to thank the Mustang Club of Greater Kansas City for the great surprise!

Once I was settled in to the hotel I went back down to park my Pony and start cleaning her up.  She was definitely a dirty girl!  Unfortunately the hood scoop came loose. I lost a screw/nut in the travels.  The plastic decor came out and the screw was hanging off to the left hand side where it also left a 3/4 inch scratch in the paint.  I was able to contact Sara from MCoGKC and she hooked me right up with Tallants Auto Body Hot Rod Shop.  They had the scoop fixed in 10 minutes and the next thing I know they were mixing paint to match my pink to hide the scratch.  A big thank you to Tallants for the help!

After the scoop was fixed, I found a self car wash place and gave the Pink Saleen a bath and headed back to the hotel.  I did some quick detailing and then it was time to get ready for dinner at Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant.  The food was great but the company was better!  I was able to finally meet Sara and the committee that put the cruise together.  I really couldn't ask for a better non cruise evening while in my travels. 

Tomorrow is a big day.  TV station in the morning, lunch at Oklahoma Joe's BBQ and then the cruise at Bass Pro in Olathe KS.  

Until then, good night!

1 comment:

  1. I was so happy to finally meet you too! :) The pleasure was all mine, I'm love my new friend and am looking forward to really getting "in trouble" with you soon! I need to head up to Buffalo soon! :)

    ReplyDelete