Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Five stars to Five Star Ford in the Lone Star state.

After yelling at my GPS for attempting to take me the long way to Dallas I pulled in last night only 15 miles from my destination.  I was very happy to be off the road by that time since I beat my own drive time record.

Nineteen days on the road I settled for a breakfast at IHOP while I waited for my room to be ready, compliments of Jacquie and Adam Hair.  THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for all you have done!  After checking in to my room, I went back out to detail the pony.  Starting with what I thought was the worst turned out to be the easiest to clean.  Thanks to Croftgate's detailing in California those rims were practically just wipe-able!

I met with Corey White and others of Five Star Ford. They did a great job getting my car cleaned up and ready to go.  It was time to get the show on the road.  Off to Hobby Lobby where I expected to meet a few other mustangs and stampede back to the dealership.  Lo and behold at least 8 to 10 Saleens all ready to go.  The drive was a cross between Chicago and LA . Go fast, then BRAKE! (SSBC Brakes that is). Suddenly we were back at the dealership where even more Saleens and other beautiful Mustangs were waiting.   There, Jacquie organized a bake sale and some items to be raffled off along with some char-broiled hotdogs and hamburgers provided by Five Star Ford. It was almost like being at home.

Once again I met some really terrific people!  It was a wonderful time and The Breast Cancer Research Foundation wins again! 

Pictures of the trip can be found here:  http://www.facebook.com/buffalotoburbank?sk=photos

Tomorrow will be Houston TX at the City Center. I am looking forward to meeting some more great people for a great cause!



Standings: 
Kansas City/Olathe
Buffalo
Dallas - final count not in yet.
Redondo Beach
Indianapolis
Erie
Cleveland
Chicago
Oklahoma

No comments:

Post a Comment