Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Saleen Hot Dawgs

If you're from Buffalo then you are familiar with Salen's Hot dogs.  This is just not quite the same.

The venue was at SuperDawg in Wheeling IL.  It's a real live drive up restaurant with trays that go on your window and everything!  The only things missing were the girls on roller skates and more cars from the 50's.


I drove by the place as I was on my way to the hotel, thanks to my GPS taking me in the wrong direction.  Needless to say I was the first to arrive because I was so excited to take a closer look at it.  It didn't take long before more Stangs arrived.  We didn't fill the lot up, but I'll blame the Corvettes that were too afraid of the "Horse" power that was already there.  They were suppose to show by 7PM.  That's OK though, we had a Plum Crazy Challenger there (and several people know I want one for my winter car).  Not only does he own the Challenger but he also has a mustang and runs the one of the local Mustang clubs.


I was also greeted by Michelle and her husband in the matching grabber Stangs and Scott with his (IhopeIdidn'tdrooltoomuchonhiscar) Rainbow Purple Saleen within minutes of my arrival.  Soon to see two more Saleens pull in from Milwaukee and Rockford.

I think the best part of the night was when a beautiful black Cobra pulled in the lot after dark.  He said he saw the mustangs, drove home, grabbed his and came down in minutes.  He was so excited to see a bunch of us hanging out and he had no clue what was going on.

I'm finding out no matter where I am, one thing about us car people, we are just not afraid to meet new friends.  

My thanks to Scott for putting this together and everybody else that came out to show your support! 

Although there is nothing planned in Des Moines IA today, I'm still driving through there.  After that, it's Kansas City Here I Come! 

Until next time!


Standings:
Buffalo
Indianapolis
Erie
Cleveland
Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment